Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can you buy a complete B16B cylinder head from Honda South Africa?

Can you buy a complete B16B cylinder head from Honda South Africa?

Hi

I cannot find a part number for a complete B16B head (head cast, springs, retainers, valves, cams, caps, gears etc)

Can you buy something like this from Honda SA?

Does anyone know the part number and maybe a price?

Are you specifically wanting new?

Why a B16B head in particular?
    I can point you in the right direction to get a used B16B head, but it will come from the UK and its around 225 pounds excl cams or shipping.

B16a and b16b have the same head casting,only differences are cams,valve train and the way valve seats are cut.also I think the b16b head has polished ports.try japan auto for a head

I know for some reason the Honda Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) doesn't cover the EK9. For interests sake I will have look and see if there is a part number for the B18C5/6/JDM specR heads, which I think should pretty much the same as the CTR head.
    Last edited by hendrix777; 4th March 2012 at 10:22 PM.

B16b

Hi

I have a B20B and want to add either a B18C5/6 or a B16B head to it. The cams and the VE of the heads is what I want for my build. I want Honda reliability and do not really want a mishmash of parts. I would also like a new head with new parts. I want a stage one B20 vtec in my CRX.

I have some part numbers but they all seem to relate to the ITR and not the CTR.

I have emailed Honda SA the part numbers and am waiting to see what they have to say. A second hand B16a head sells for R4000, if I can get a new type r head for lets say R9000 it is a steal.

I am waiting on prices from Honda SA. Will let you guys know what I find.

Do we have anyone on the forum that works for Honda SA?

Ok so,

12100-P73-J00
    This is the JDM B18C Spec R head. From the picture it looks like its the bare head with cam caps/holders and bolts, no valve cover, valve-tain, cams etc.

10003-P73-G03
    This is the JDM B18C Spec R head assembly. Looks like it includes camshafts but no cam gears or valve cover. I have the 2012 EPC V18 and it lists price is EUR 1194.98. Honda SA will very likely be even more expensive = heart attack .

From what I've heard, the 1999 or 2000 ITR heads used CTR cams anyways. I'm not sure what differences there are (if any) between the CTR and ITR heads i.t.o. porting, polishing, valve seats, valve-train etc. Try get some pricing. Consider that you'll have have to buy things like cam gears, valve cover, VTEC solonoid, intake manifold, throttle body, all sensors etc. separately. I'll bet the valve cover alone will cost about the same as a used B16A head .

You looking at a very expensive head David, Honda SA will want well over R15k, if you prepared to spend so much why not look at a fully worked head from Usa? Portflow design, RLZ engineering, Headgames etc?

Quote Originally Posted by RAJIV-ZN View Post
    You looking at a very expensive head David, Honda SA will want well over R15k, if you prepared to spend so much why not look at a fully worked head from Usa? Portflow design, RLZ engineering, Headgames etc?
    Much better idea. At least the head work will be done by guys who really know what they're doing!

Quote Originally Posted by monark View Post
    called Honda SA.... R18 500 + VAT
    Hahahaha and then you'll have to buy all the other components for a complete working head. Might as well by a complete B18CR from Japan Auto at that price .

Y not sell your b20 motor and just buy a b18cr for 19k from japan auto.you wanted honda reliability.b18cr is exactly that.if u wanna get a head from da states get 1 from DPR.

Thread Information